Join our DCGS-A Sustainment Process Improvement (PI)/Product and Process Quality Assurance (PPQA) team responsible for ensuring efficient processes and quality deliveries of a diverse DCGS-A family of products. In the PI/PPQA service area we monitor adherence to, and improvement of, our government customer’s software development processes and procedures, and ensure the quality of their products.
As a software engineering focused PI/PPQA Specialist, you will be part of a team that performs two primary functions: PI activities to review and revise existing software development processes and procedures, improve efficiency, and produce repeatable results; PPQA activities to ensure the accuracy and quality of delivered documents and software products, including over-the-shoulder assistance in resolving software issues during development and testing. Specifically, you will:
- Review, edit, and revise standard operating procedures, task instructions, process documents, templates, and other documents as directed
- Conduct formal audits and courtesy spot checks of documents, processes, and products throughout the work-cycle
- Perform inquiries and cause analysis as directed to render a finding
- Initiate, perform, or support PI efforts based on observations or customer direction
- Maintain the PI/PPQA documentation in accordance with best business practices
- Perform Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) process improvement tasks and activities
- Prepare for and participate in Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) related activities
- Advise management of risks that may affect project schedules
- Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication, and provide feedback on process performance
- Work as a team member while demonstrating initiative and the ability to perform individual tasks.
- Observe and advise engineering personnel with analysis of received systems (operating system, patches and applications) and ensure Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) resolution and accurate accounting for component software versioning
- Observe and participate in system installation and testing on physical and virtual machines to assure proper functionality, focusing on verifying that processes employed resulted in proper behavior after software and configuration changes
- Ability to resolve noted issues by developing custom scripts and software, and/or technical documentation solutions as dictated by the nature of the issue and the desired outcome
- Work with software development engineers, software integration engineers, and system and software testing engineers in the development and integration of software solutions for the DCGS-A family of systems.